Since inception, CITEL Surge Protection Pvt. Ltd. is providing a range of high performing AC surge protection devices that are easy to install in locations that are remote or within a facility. Through our incessant product innovation, we have surged ahead in the industry by surpassing the counterparts and incorporating the latest developments in our production, quality testing procedures. A brief step-by-step history of our success towards the top of the industry is illustrated below:
- 1937 - CITEL founded as a manufacturer of lighting tubes.
- 1944 - CITEL manufactures first Gas Discharge Tube (GDT).
- 1976 - CITEL acquired by current ownership group. Manufacture of lighting tubes discontinued.
- 1984 - 800 SQM manufacturing facility is constructed in the city of St GALMIER in the South of France.
- 1985 - CITEL Incorporated established in Miami, Florida USA.
- 1988 - CITEL Gmbh established in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- 1992 - CITEL acquires GDT competitor CLAUDE from GTE Sylvania.
- 1996 - CITEL acquires Din Rail Surge Protection specialist SUPERSAFE in Netherlands.
- 1996 - CITEL Shanghai Electronics established in Shanghai, China (Manufacture of GDT, AC & DATA Modules)
- 1998 - CITEL 2CP goes public on the Paris Stock Exchange.
- 1999 - Headquarters moved from Ã‚®le St Germain to Issy les Moulineaux a district of Paris, France.
- 2000 - Launched the first GDT based SPD for AC Type 1 (10/350us waveform) applications.
- 2000 - Launched the first MOV-GDT Hybrid SPD for AC Type 1 applications based on patented VG technology.
- 2003 - Launched UL1449 Listed AC Power Products in NEMA Enclosures.
- 2003 - Launched second generation MOV-GDT Hybrid DS250VG for AC Type 1 (25kA 10/350us)
- 2004 - Launched MOV based AC Type 2 (40kA 8/20us) DS40 Series with replaceable modules.
- 2005 - Launched full photovoltaic range for DC Type 1 (DS60PV), Type 2 (DS50PV) and Type 3 (DS210.DC)
- 2005 - CITEL established in China (Manufacture of Coaxial SPD, Connectors, Cable Assemblies)
- 2006 - CITEL 2CP sells seat on the Paris Stock Exchange and is privately held.
- 2007 - Launched din rail mount two-stage data line surge protectors - DLA Series.
- 2007 - Headquarters moved from Issy les Moulineaux to Serves a district of Paris, France.
- 2008 - Launched P8AX Series coaxial surge protectors with standard waterproof, bulkhead, GDT holder options.
- 2009 - CITEL Incorporated moves North American Operations from Miami to Miramar, FL USA.
- 2009 - Launched best performing 6GHz coaxial surge protector - P8AX-6G Series.
- 2009 - Launched smallest 2-Electrode (4.4mm) Surface Mount GDT with Square Electrodes.
- 2009 - Launched smallest 3-Electrode (4.4mm) Surface Mount GDT with Square Electrodes.
- 2009 - Launched DS50PV Surge Protector with UL Recognition.
We are keeping pace with the international trends in designing and manufacturing AC Surge Protection Devices, DC/Photovoltaic Surge Protector, Gas Discharge Tubes and others. At the time of commencement of our business, we drafted all possible fundamental issues that were present at that time or were a potential threat in the future. The entire quality assurance and manufacturing framework was designed to eliminate the said issues. Today, we boast that our quality assurance policy is stringent, ensuring the delivery of best quality products only. We are considered as an industry expert, having expertise in solving the new issues related to this domain by investing in regular and major improvements in technologies.
We are manufacturing and delivering quality products like AC Surge Protection Devices (SPD), DC/Photovoltaic Surge Protector and Gas Discharge Tubes that do not require regular investments. With competitive price of initial investment, these provide complete value within a short time. In our production plant, we are making surge protection devices for installation in heavy-duty industrial systems like communication systems, power distribution panels and others as a safeguard against electrical spikes caused by lighting. We also produce scaled-down versions for use in residential premises.
CITEL Surge Protection Pvt Ltd is providing quality products and expanding its clientele every passing year. Today, we are primary choice of many big names in the industry. They not just appreciate our product but also applaud our service support. Some distinguishing factors of our company are:
- Reliable and timely delivery through wide distribution network
- Ethical business policies to ensure transparency in deals
- Quick customer services backed with 10 years product warranty
- Timely delivery of products